Land Based Volunteers
You’ll be kept busy as a land-based volunteer in a number of ways, including:
- Registrations/Timing Chip Collection
- Marshalling at the Start Line area
- Prize Pack Collection (Giving out PRIZES)
- Solo Medal Distribution (Giving out MEDALS)
- Recovery (Feeding participants)
- Wet Marshals (Being the BEST cheer squad EVER)
- and MORE!
We also need team leaders to manage groups of volunteers.
You won’t leave empty-handed
If you help at the start line, you’ll be provided with breakfast from local Cottesloe legends, North Street Store.
If you help out at the finish line, you’ll get lunch from the famed Rottnest Island Bakery and a return ferry ticket to Rottnest Island (Wadjemup).
All volunteers will get an official Rottnest Channel Swim Event T-shirt, hat, and water bottle to wear/use at the briefing and on Event day, which you’ get to to keep.
Don’t worry if you don’t have experience or previous participation in the event – we’ll tell you everything you need to know. There’ll be a compulsory volunteer briefing at 10.00am, Saturday, 20 January 2024.
The volunteer briefing covers everything to do with the event, including volunteer duties both for the lead-up events and event day. It’s also a great opportunity to meet the event team and fellow volunteers. Check out our pre-event section to find out more about key dates and volunteer preparation.
Remember, you need to be 16 or over to be a General Volunteer.
Events We Need Volunteers For
2022 South32 Rottnest Channel Swim Event Briefing/s
Sunday, 4 February 2024
- Metro Safety Briefing (12.30pm to 4.30pm)
Main Arena at HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mount Claremont
Friday, 23 February 2024
- Interstate, International and Regional Briefing (8:00am to 10:30am)
The Ellis Room at Bendat Basketball Centre, 201 Underwood Avenue, Floreat
South 32 Rottnest Channel Swim
Saturday, 24 February 2024
- Cottesloe Beach (Mudurup): 4:20am-8:00am
- Cottesloe and Rottnest: 4:20am-2:00pm
- Rottnest Island (Wadjemup): 11:30am-5:30pm
For any other queries, please contact the RCSA office by emailing email@example.com.