The RCSA holds a Swimmers’ Seminar each year which addresses common questions for first-time participants. While the session is aimed at first-time soloists, the evening is ideal for everyone who wants to make their first Rottnest Channel crossing (solos, duos, teams, and even parents of swimmers wishing to enter).
The session usually runs through the following:
- What to expect on the event day
- Training guidelines and taper tips
- Handy tricks on what to include on the boat
- How to find your support crew on the water
- Rotto Swim health and safety
- That finish line feeling and looking after yourself on dry land
The 2024 seminar was held on Wednesday, 27 September 2023, from 6pm in The Ellis Room, Bendat Basketball Centre.
Nutrition & Injury Prevention Workshop
Regardless of whether you are a solo, duo or team swimmer; the importance of a well-prepared, well-fuelled and hydrated body, both before and during the event cannot be understated. This completely free workshop will cover:
- Vital Nutrition Information
- Injury Prevention Tips
- Spotting the early signs of Hypothermia and SIPE
- General Tips & Tricks for the Event
Ultimately, by attending the workshop, you’ll ensure you’re adequately prepared for the upcoming South32 Rottnest Channel Swim.
The 2024 workshop was held on Saturday, 18 November 2023, from 10am in The Ellis Room, Bendat Basketball Centre.
Please ensure you use the button below, to register your attendance. For updates on the workshop, livestream access and reminders, make sure you respond to our Facebook Event.