The event categories for competitors in the 2020 South32 Rottnest Channel Swim are:
- Solo – 1 x swimmer, 1 x boat
- Champions of the Channel – the elite solo wave (1 x swimmer 1 x boat)
- Tandem Solo – 2 x solo swimmers sharing 1 x boat
- Duo – teams of 2
- Team – teams of 4
- Lavan Charity Challenge – teams of 4
Champions of the Channel
Champions of the Channel is an elite wave of invited soloists.
If you want to enter the Champions of the Channel, express your interest by emailing email@example.com before Monday 28 October, 2019. Expected 10km qualifying times for those looking to enter Champions of the Channel are:
- 1 hour 58 minutes for males
- 2 hours 8 minutes for females.
Duos and Teams
Duos and teams are automatically categorised by the total age of everyone in each duo/team. The categories are as follows for male, female and mixed.
Mixed teams must have a minimum of two female members. For results purposes, teams with three males and one female will be recorded as a ‘male team’.
Lavan Charity Challenge
The 2020 South32 Rottnest Channel Swim includes 30 places for this exclusive category. This category not only gives you the best opportunity for your corporate group or team of passionate swimmers to fundraise for charity, but also provides the ultimate benefit – guaranteed entry into the Rottnest Channel Swim!
Teams who enter the Lavan Charity Challenge receive the following benefits:
- A separate evening briefing including drinks and canapes at Lavan
- An official Rottnest Channel Swim Merchandise Pack for each swimmer
- A donation made on your behalf to the charity of your choice
- A place to compete for the Lavan Charity Challenge Cup.
30 places are available during solo week, which is open for registration from 8.30am (AWST) Monday, 21 October – 5.30pm (AWST) Sunday, 27 October.
Teams in this category are exclusively competing for the Lavan Charity Challenge Cup only. This means teams in this category aren’t eligible for regular team category prizes, including overall prizes and age group category merchandise prizes, regardless of their overall/age group finishing position.