Volunteers are an essential component to the success of the Rottnest Channel Swim each year. For the 2019 Event we have the following information below to help guide you and your crew for what to expect. We will be taking expeditions of interest for event volunteers from October through to the start of January.
There are a variety of volunteer roles which include tasks such as:
• Registration of swimmers
• Cheer Squad
• T-shirt sales and exchange
• Team Leaders to manage groups of volunteers
What you receive!
• Volunteers who assist at the finish line receive a return ferry ticket to Rottnest Island and lunch.
• All volunteers receive an official 2019 Rottnest Channel Swim T-shirt and hat to wear (and keep!) at the briefing and on Event day.
No experience or previous participation in the event is required as the RCSA will hold compulsory Volunteer briefings on Saturday, 19 January 2019.
The volunteer briefing covers all components of the event, including volunteer duties for the lead up events and on event day, and provides an opportunity to meet the Event Manager and fellow volunteers. Please note, our minimum age for volunteers is 16 years old.
Events we require volunteers for:
The 2019 Rottnest Channel Swim Event Briefing/s:
• Saturday, 2 February 2019 – Metro Event Briefing at HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mount Claremont (12.30pm to 4.30pm).
• Friday, 22 February 2019 – Interstate, International & Regional Event Briefing (8:00am to 12:30pm) .
The 2019 Rottnest Channel Swim (Saturday, 23 February 2019):
- Cottesloe Beach: 4:20am-8:00am
- Cottesloe and Rottnest: 4:20am-2:00pm
- Rottnest Island: 11:00-6:00pm
For any other queries, please contact the RCSA office by emailing email@example.com.