Volunteers are an essential component to the success of the Rottnest Channel Swim each year. For the 2020 Event we have the following information below to help guide you and your crew for what to expect. We currently are at the capacity of land based volunteers that we are able to take, we are however still looking for Race Officials. If you would like to register as a Race Official please click here.
Volunteer Race Officials
Race Officials are essential to creating a safe and fair environment for all swimmers. If you have a boat and would like to help on event day we would love to have you along!
Volunteer Race Officials are required to provide their own boat with the RCSA reimbursing fuel costs. The RCSA will also provide all food, water, equipment and training to ensure you are prepared come event day. Race officials and skippers will attend a separate on water stakeholder and race official briefing during the first week of February.
Land based Volunteers:
There are a variety of volunteer roles which include tasks such as:
• Registration of swimmers
• Cheer Squad
• T-shirt sales and exchange
• Team Leaders to manage groups of volunteers
• Volunteer Race Officials
What you receive!
• Volunteers who assist at the finish line receive a return ferry ticket to Rottnest Island as well as lunch.
• All volunteers receive an official 2020 Rottnest Channel Swim T-shirt and hat to wear (and keep!) at the briefing and on Event day.
No experience or previous participation in the event is required as the RCSA will hold compulsory Volunteer briefings on Saturday, 18 January 2020.
The volunteer briefing covers all components of the event, including volunteer duties for the lead up events and on event day, and provides an opportunity to meet the Event Manager and fellow volunteers. Please note, our minimum age for volunteers is 16 years old.
Events we require volunteers for:
The 2020 Rottnest Channel Swim Event Briefing/s:
• Saturday, 1 February 2020- Metro Event Briefing at HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mount Claremont (12.30pm to 4.30pm).
• Friday, 21 February 2020 – Interstate, International & Regional Event Briefing (8:00am to 12:30pm) .
The 2020 Rottnest Channel Swim (Saturday, 22 February 2020):
- Cottesloe Beach: 4:20am-8:00am
- Cottesloe and Rottnest: 4:20am-2:00pm
- Rottnest Island: 11:00-6:00pm
For any other queries, please contact the RCSA office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.