Looking to join a swim team for 2017 swim

Are you looking for someone or something?
buttons

Looking to join a swim team for 2017 swim

Post by buttons »

Hi my name is James, Ive made a commitment to complete the swim next year if I can join a team (duo or quad) I'm training regular and completing open water swims with OWS WA.
If there happens to be a free place in a team come up i would be definitely interested.
I may be able to sort a boat and skipper also and even a paddler if required.

If i can't get into a team for this swim I would be able to paddle for a team if required.

cheers in advance
VickyP

Re: Looking to join a swim team for 2017 swim

Post by VickyP »

Hi James,

Happy New Year, hope you are doing fine.
Are you still looking for a team?
If yes, we've received news that one of our swimmers needs to pull out due to a shoulder injury and therefore we are looking for a replacement.
We are (or were) a team of 4 ladies (age between 36 and 50 years) who wish to do the Rottnest Swim as a challenge, not as a competition, so we are in it to try and finish, not to win any prizes. We all live south of the river (Kwinana/Safety Bay) and are regular swimmers but not the fastest. It is also our very first go at the Rotto swim and don't have much experience in ocean swimming. We do have a boat and skipper, and normally the paddlers are sorted as well.
Does this sound like something you could agree with or are you more looking for a competitive team?
Just to let you know I've also sent an email to another friend who knows a few a few swimmers so we will check who would fit best with us of course. I'll keep you up to date.
my email address is vickypoelman@hotmail.com

Have a great evening
Vicky Poelman, Team captain of Belgian Salty Chocolate (all 3 of us are Belgian)
shawnhall

Post by shawnhall »

:)
debbi

Post by debbi »

Hello, are you still looking for a team? how fast do you swim? were you anticipating swimming one big block or every 15mins type thing? we may have a spot for you.
buttons

Post by buttons »

Hi Debbi, yes i am still interested in joining a team, Im doing 20mins per km at the moment but I'm working on lowering that. Im easy on how it works in regards to how long each team member spends in the water.
cheers James

buttons

Post by buttons »

I'm still free for the swim. If you could contact me on my mobile it may be easier 0447977468
Thanks James