Advice on wher to launch boat

Any general discussion related to the swim.Any general discussion related to the swim.
durack

Advice on wher to launch boat

Post by durack »

Hi, I have been asked to use my 6mtrailcraft as a support vessel for this years swim. Can someone tell me where the best place to launch would be?
Norm

Re: Advice on wher to launch boat

Post by Norm »

That is exactly my concern. have you had any replies Durack? There will be 900 support boats I believe and I can imagine the public boat ramp at East Fremantle will be a zoo.
Maxbicyclemax

Post by Maxbicyclemax »

East Fremantle boat ramp will most definitely be a mad house and there is no chance of avoiding a parking ticket unless you are in a proper parking bay.
You will need to be extremely early to get a spot there. Where are you coming from? Approximately 5nm upstream the next boat ramp is Point Walter. That's where you will be sent when east Fremantle is full.
Max
dansonpasquale

Post by dansonpasquale »

That is my main worry. Durack, have you heard back from anyone yet? I estimate that there will be around 900 support boats, therefore the public boat ramp in East Fremantle will likely be a zoo.
Thomson25

Post by Thomson25 »

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. Point Walter seems like an interesting alternative to keep in mind.