Volunteers are an essential component to the success of the Rottnest Channel Swim each year and registrations to volunteer for 2017 event are now open! Please click here to register yourself to be part of the 2017 Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim Volunteer Crew!
There are a variety of volunteer roles which include tasks such as:
• Registration of swimmers
• Cheer Squad
• T-shirt sales and exchange
• Team Leaders to manage groups of volunteers
What you receive!
• Volunteers who assist at the finish line receive a return ferry ticket to Rottnest Island and lunch.
• All volunteers receive an official 2017 Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim T-shirt and hat to wear (and keep!) at the briefing and on event day.
No experience or previous participation in the event is required as the RCSA will hold a compulsory Volunteer Briefing on Saturday, 14 January 2017 at HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mount Claremont at 10am.
The volunteer briefing covers all components of the event, including volunteer duties for the lead up events and on event day, and provides an opportunity to meet the Event Manager and fellow volunteers. Please note, our minimum age for volunteers is 16 years old.
Events we require volunteers for:
The 2017 Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim Event Briefing/s: –
• Saturday, 4 February 2017 – Metro Event Briefing at HBF Stadium, 100 Stephenson Avenue, Mount Claremont (approx. 3.00pm to 6.00pm).
• Friday, 24 February 2017 – Interstate, International & Regional Event Briefing, location TBC.
The 2017 Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim:
• Saturday, 25 February 2017
Start Line: Cottesloe Beach (4.00am – 8.30am)
Finish Line: Rottnest Island (7.30am – 6.00pm)
For any other queries, please contact the RCSA office by emailing email@example.com.