The Rottnest Channel Swim Association is excited to introduce the inaugural Cotto Swim. The new event will see swimmers take off from the Cottesloe Beach start enclosure, swimming 1.5km around the iconic STS Leeuwin 2 then returning back to Cottesloe Beach again, a 3km round trip!
For those just starting out or returning to open water, a 1km novice option will also be available.
The Cotto Swim provides everyone with the opportunity to get involved in the excitement and challenge of race morning. Starting directly after the last wave of the main event, Cotto is ideal for family or friends to get amongst the action before heading over to Rottnest to cheer on their swimmers. Whether you’re working your way up to the main event, missed out on an entry or just fancy a swim at the iconic Cottesloe Beach – Cotto is a swim for everyone.
- Distance: 1km and 3km swim
- Start time: Registrations from 7.00am for an 8.00am start
- Date: Saturday, 24 February 2018
- Minimum age: 12 years on the day of the event
- The Cotto Swim is a fun participatory event for all swimming abilities and will feature spot prizes. No place prizes will be awarded.
- Registration open Thursday, 30 November 2017.